Presite Work: The pre-site portion of the building process takes place in five parts.
- An offer to purchase is signed and accepted by DaVinci Homes.
- Financing approval is obtained from the bank.
- The home plans are approved and signed by the client.
- The plot plan and your approved house plan are sent to the area developer for a grade slip.
- The application for a building permit is sent to municipal authorities.
On-Site Work: The actual building begins, going through several key stages.
Cribbing and Concrete Work- Wooden forms to pour the foundation into are created.
- The weeping tile, a moisture barrier, is installed.
- The concrete for the footing is poured. Once the footing dries, wall forms are built.
- The ladder, a wooden structure on which walls are built, is placed in the forms. Concrete is poured into the forms to embed the ladder.
Framing- The basic timber structure of the house is built, including floor joists; roofs; walls; ceilings and beams.
- Windows and exterior doors are installed.
- The garage door is installed.
- Basement is leveled and graveled, and a sheet of polethylene is placed on the floor. Concrete is poured on top.
- Garage, walkway and driveway are leveled and graveled.
- A gridwork of steel is placed on the gravel, to reinforce the concrete. Concrete is then poured on top.
- We install the vinyl siding or stucco, soffits for the underhang of the roof, fascia to cover the corners, eaves, battens for the perimeter of the window, and downspouts.
- Exterior stairs and railings are installed.
Drywall is screwed, taped and sanded. The ceiling is textured.
First Stage- Casing is installed around windows and doors.
- Doors are hung and the fireplace is finished.
- The sub-floor for the linoleum and K-3 for tiles is installed.
- Any nicks, scratches or gouges left in the wall from the finishing stage are addressed by the drywaller. Holes and scratches are filled.
- Patches are sanded the next day.
Second stage- Two coats of paint are applied to the walls.
- Wall casings, baseboards and the fireplace are painted.
- Baseboards are installed after being painted.
- Hardware such as doorknobs, closet handles and towel holders are installed.
- Appliances are delivered and installed.
- Lighting fixtures; bathroom mirrors and bathroom fixtures; glass shower doors and closet shelves, and the furnace are installed.
- Interior cleaning of the home is completed.